Recently some emails and words of caution about photo booths have been circulating around the industry.
A recent email tells the story of a number of guests at a wedding suffering burn injuries from a photo booth made from highly flammable materials that caught on fire from nearby decorative candles. Its inevitable that in an industry such as this that is still quite new and un-established, there has been a recent surge of operators running “home made”, cheap and imported products.
At the moment here is no real governing body or industry standard except for those of the venues and event organisers that we work with. These industry standards are now filtering down the photo booth industry with unfortunate outcomes such as photo booth operators being barred from venue access on the night of their clients events. In order to avoid this kind of headache there are a few things you can do to make sure you are covered:
The takeaway points here are to a.) learn from other companies misfortunes and to b.) help ensure that we protect our industry from bad reputations.
We'd love to hear from you